I love trying new beauty products and in 2020, I had a little extra time to experiment with new products (#quarantine). Today, I’m rounding up my 10 best beauty buys of 2020! These are products that I tried (or repurchased) in 2020 and fell in love with + will continue using. If you are looking to try some new beauty products, I definitely recommend all 10 of these!
10 Best Beauty Buys
1. Nassif MD Face Detox Pads – These detox pads were one of my favorite repurchases this year. I originally got these in a FabFitFun box in 2019 and when I used them all up, I had to repurchase – they are so good! I use these in the AM and PM and they are gentle enough to use every day. They leave my skin feeling so clean and smooth. They also help remove excess makeup that your cleanser may leave behind.
2. Briogeo Leave-In Spray Hair Mask – This was the first hair mask I have ever tried and I really like it! You just spray it on clean, wet hair and that’s it! It’s so easy and I really think it has helped the ends of my hair. Truth be told, I am beyond overdue for a trim and usually by this point in the game, my ends are looking ratchet… but they actually look okay! I swear this hair mask is what has helped my struggling locks!
3. Pixie Under Eye Corrector – This under eye corrector is probably my most-used beauty product of 2020! I have the darkest under eye circles so I originally purchased this to wear under concealer. However, I stopped wearing a full face of makeup early on in 2020 (#becausequarantine), but I still found myself applying a little of this on no-makeup days and it makes a WORLD of difference. I just apply a little of this product under my eyes and it instantly brings me to life! This product has been a game-changer for me and I will be repurchasing it forever!
4. Drunk Elephant Makeup Melting Cleanser – During the early days of quarantine I consumed a lot of Tik Tok skincare content (Tik Tok can actually be very informative… but always fact check/do your own research!) which led me to make some changes to my skincare routine. One change was that I stopped using makeup wipes. It turns out, they’re actually really harsh on your skin and they don’t really get everything off all that well. Instead, I started melting my makeup off with this Drunk Elephant cleanser. This product is meant to remove makeup, not clean your face. This cleanser now serves as the first step in my double-cleanse routine. This product should be followed up with another [water-based] cleanser to actually clean your face (you wouldn’t just use a makeup wipe and then not wash your face after, right?).
5. CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser – This is the second step in my double-cleanse routine. It took me a minute to really love this cleanser, but now I don’t think I’ll ever try another face wash again! It is different from any other cleanser I’ve used in that it’s thick and almost lotion-like… that’s what makes it so hydrating! Since using this face wash, my face has not felt tight/dry after I wash it (even before putting on moisturizer) and overall, my face has felt more hydrated.
6. Tom’s Natural Deodorant – Earlier this year, I spent some time Google-ing the different between antiperspirant vs. deodorant and I decided to detox my armpits (I also Google-ed the heck out of that whole process) and give natural deodorant a try after wearing an antiperspirant for basically my whole life. I’m so happy I made the switch to natural deodorant! I have been loving this deodorant and I am definitely sticking with a clean, natural deodorant from here on out.
7. Tarte Surfer Curl Mascara – I love Tarte products so when this mascara came out, I knew I had to try it. I ended up instantly loving it and I’ve repurchased it several times already! It definitely keeps my lashes curled better than most mascaras and it helps lengthen and separate lashes. Also, it’s considered a clean product which is always a plus!
8. Maybelline Foundation – I already shared this $6 foundation in both my Full Face of Drugstore Makeup post and my My Favorite Things – 2020 post so I am clearly a huge fan. I’ve been using and trying higher-end foundations for years and I guess I just associated drugstore foundations with my high school self who I really would’t take makeup recommendations from… LOL. However, I randomly tried this Maybelline foundation over the summer and WOW! Dare I say… it is my favorite foundation I have ever tried? It seriously just might be.
9. Lip Mask – I purchased this lip mask during the spring Sephora Sale because I had to see what all the fuss was a pout… (see what I did there…LOL) I can confirm that this lip mask lives up to the hype! My lips are usually chapped 24/7 and this is the only thing that keeps them moisturized for more than 30 minutes at a time. This is intended to be used overnight, but I use it both morning and night at the end of my skincare routine. And it lasts…forever. I am still using the same mask I purchased back in the spring and there is a decent amount left!
10. Revision Skincare – My favorite skincare brand of the year is definitely Revision Skincare. I already named this skincare brand one of my top 10 favorite things in 2020 and I can’t seem to rave about their products enough! If I had to pick a favorite product, I really don’t think I could because I love them ALL! The products I’ve been using and loving are: Pore Purifying Clay Mask (formerly named Black Mask), Intellishade TruPhysical (a tinted moisturizer with SPF + anti-aging skincare), Retinol Complete .5 and the Hydrating Serum. I think the next Revision product I will try is the DEJ Eye Cream or Necktifirm.
If you are interested in more of my 2020 faves, be sure to check out My Favorite Things – 2020 post HERE! Also, you can always find my holy grail beauty faves HERE and my all-time favorite skincare products HERE.
What were some of the best beauty products you tried in 2020? Let me know in the comments!
SHOP THE POST:
PIN IT FOR LATER: